PN16, temperature 80°C, for drinking water.
For water distribution pipelines branch, pipe in water supply networks, used on polypropylene and PVC pipes, PN10 and 16.
- Standard production: galvanized steel screws and nuts.
- Operating pressure 16bar and testing pressure 25bar for drinking water supply pipelines.
- Half-bodies in ductile cast iron, coated with non-toxic epoxy powder (complying with DM 174/04).
- GAS female thread UNI ISO 228/1.
- Galvanized hexagonal-head screws.
- Seal between half-body and pipe, glued on the saddle, in nitril rubber NBR and non-toxic (complying with DM 174/04).
The sealing gasket between half-body and pipeline is positioned and glued in its seat.
Conforming to pipe surface
The two cast iron half-bodies ensure a top sealing action also on irregular pipelines, even when oval. Their supporting surface allows
a top long-lasting seal.
- Position the two half-cylinders on the polyethylene pipe, keeping them at the same distance.
- Insert the screws paying attention that the heads are housed in the relevant housing in the lower lug section. Put the washes on the screws and then the hexagonal nuts, that can be either selflocking or normal.
- Partially tighten the four nuts by hand, keeping the two half-cylinder at the same distance.
- Tighten the nuts in cross sequence using the relevant wrench, until the two cast iron half-bodies are locked.
This operation must be gradual and regular. Recommended torque: 25-30 Nm. - To complete the operation, connect a fitting or on-off valve on the thread.
Note: The hydraulic seal of the valve or splined fitting must be installed using traditional systems, such as Teflon or hemp.